Durham County Council, NHS County Durham, and Darlington, and Darlington Borough Council launched the carers card.
The aim of the scheme is to provide a variety of essential goods and services at discounted prices, or with added value or benefit, specifically for genuinely unpaid carers within the County Durham and Darlington areas.
- a carers discount off all items
- a carers discount off a specific range of items
- free item(s) when a carer spends a certain amount
- interest-free credit for carers on packages
- installment plans for carers
- two for one or similar for carers
- free home visits/sittings for carers
- free delivery within a given radius
- any other type of long-lasting discounted or added value promotion for carers
Carers have told us the types of goods and services most important to them and in response, we are contacting a variety of established local organisations who might welcome the opportunity of becoming involved with the scheme.
A list of participating businesses is updated regularly and can be accessed through this website. Unpaid carers will be issued with, free of charge, a carers card for presentation at the point of purchase. Participating businesses are provided with posters/stickers for display in their buildings.
Unpaid carers will be issued, free of charge, with a scheme membership card for presentation at the point of purchase and as a participating provider for the scheme.
Join the carer’s card scheme as a business
If you would like to discuss how the Carers Card Scheme works, or have any helpful comments or ideas, please contact us.